Positives Of The Mets 2010 Season
A lot of people on here and twitter and in general say I’m very negative about the New York Mets and they are correct. Overall, the last 4 seasons have been disappointments with 2 consecutive collapses, the injuries last season and now this dreadful season. 2010 has seen rookies being called up when not ready, more mishandling of injuries and just downright bad baseball. However, there have been 3 big positives this season such as:
1. R.A. Dickey – Without a doubt I and I’m pretty sure Mets fans in general did not think R.A. Dickey would be as good as he has been this year. On January 5th of this year when Dickey signed a minor league deal most people, including myself thought it was an insignificant signing but a record of 11-7 and ERA of 2.92 Dickey has been one of the best pitchers on the team. He should have more wins but the offense hasn’t been very kind to Robert Allen Dickey.
2. Angel Pagan - Angel Pagan has in my mind proved his worth to the Mets this past year. After Carlos Beltran just decided to have surgery before Spring Training and leave the team without a center fielder Angel Pagan stepped up and showed what a great player he is. Gone were the mental mistakes that plagued him on the bases and in the field. He did suffer an oblique injury that sidelined him for a few games but he has been relatively injury free this season. Pagan should be the everyday player in center field but the selfishness of Carlos Beltran won’t allow that. Pagan as he has played more innings has grown to a good player and in my opinion he’s the MVP of this disaster of a season.
3. Mike Pelfrey - Big Pelf needed a good season after 2009. The 1st half of the season Big Pelf was the ace of this pitching staff. If it was not for Charlie Manuel and the Phillies continual paranoia of the Mets Pelf would’ve been on the All-Star team. Big Pelf after the break wasn’t as sharp, but you can say the same for this whole team but in his last several starts he seems to be back to form. Pelfrey has won 15 games this season and has a chance for a few more. After last year I this is a great sign and I expect better things from Big Pelf in 2011.
I also would consider Jon Niese as a big positive this year. In his last few starts he looks tired as he’s pitched more than he ever has, but I see big things for this young pitcher and look forward to his 2011 season.
About the Author: Former Writers
- Jon: on Words to the Wilpons: We Beg Of You, Sell The Team: Maybe we should beg them to KEEP...
- philipag: on Words to the Wilpons: We Beg Of You, Sell The Team: Metsie - the fans create the revenue...
- Mike C: on Words to the Wilpons: We Beg Of You, Sell The Team: The $2B Mets are collateral for their...
- jason bay: on Mets Drawing The Line At Three Years, Granderson Wants Four: "Sign Granderson so we can go into...
- James Dorsa: on Mets Drawing The Line At Three Years, Granderson Wants Four: Pay the guy. I am tired of...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!