Minaya Knows End Is Near, Marlins Owner Eying Backman
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria is looking for a more dynamic personality to take over as the manager of the Marlins. He wants a fiery manager.
Among the potential candidates Loria may be looking at are Jim Fregosi, Larry Bowa, and the Mets’ Wally Backman.
Needless to say, losing Backman won’t play well in the New York market and most definitely would become another public relations nigtmare for the Mets.
Rosenthal also says that scouts are telling him that Omar Minaya is resigned to the fact that the end is near.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Matt: on Our Ike Davis May Not Even Be The Best Ike Davis: "Our" Ike Davis is one of the...
- srt: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: Mets media notes for today include this...
- Peter: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Metsie 4 hrs, 37 mins ago Since when...
- Christopher: on Jose Reyes Is Running Again And Making A Rapid Recovery: I wish Jose the best as he...
- srt: on Jose Reyes Is Running Again And Making A Rapid Recovery: Blue Jays went all in this season...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!