Minaya Knows End Is Near, Marlins Owner Eying Backman
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria is looking for a more dynamic personality to take over as the manager of the Marlins. He wants a fiery manager.
Among the potential candidates Loria may be looking at are Jim Fregosi, Larry Bowa, and the Mets’ Wally Backman.
Needless to say, losing Backman won’t play well in the New York market and most definitely would become another public relations nigtmare for the Mets.
Rosenthal also says that scouts are telling him that Omar Minaya is resigned to the fact that the end is near.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- EzRider: on Mets Could Still Target An Outfielder Despite Chris Young: Not that it's likely to happen but...
- Hank: on Sandy Alderson: Thor or Montero Could Start Season In Rotation: Richie didn't name names, so by prospect...
- Jimmy Broadway: on Alderson Says He’s Working With $85 Million Payroll Figure: I think using Murphy at this point...
- Sarun923: on Sounds Like Daniel Murphy Is A Goner: So they would pay Granderson 13 mil...
- Fred's Son Fredo: on Alderson Says He’s Working With $85 Million Payroll Figure: Their debt and payroll is not my...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!