Mike Pelfrey Is Open To A Contract Extension
According to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com, Mike Pelfrey is open to a contract extension with the Mets.
“I would be interested,” Pelfrey said about the possibility of a contract extension. “They’d have to bring it up, but I’m sure we’ll explore it. I’m definitely open to it.”
Pelfrey is still under Mets control until 2014 and is arbitration eligible after this season.
So far, the Mets have not approached Pelfrey about an extension and nobody expects them to at least until the new GM situation is sorted out.
Pelfrey is leaning to signing a long-term deal which would buy out his remaining arbitration years and beyond, similar to what the Mets did with Reyes and Wright in 2006. He is making just $500K this season, his best season to date. He could win $5 million or more in arbitration, a sizable increase in payroll for the Mets.
Pelfrey is 15-9 this season with a 3.75 ERA in 31 starts.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- Scott Rice's Arm: on Reds vs Mets: Marcum Takes The Hill, Ankiel Batting Second, Duda Cleanup: Why is Collins starting Byrd if righties...
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: And your Willfully Lying because you know...
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: And you are monumentally the most stupid...
- Mike Jones: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: / this guy is willfully ignorant
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Ahh the cheerleader Crackletta has showed up... He...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!