Johan Santana Has Successful Surgery
According to Mets.com, Johan Santana underwent successful surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn capsule in his left shoulder.
The procedure was performed by Mets team doctor David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
The timetable for Santana’s return is unclear, although the Mets expressed optimism last week that their ace would be “ready to throw during Spring Training”.
Others have suggested he likely won’t be strong enough to resume a throwing program until mid-March, pushing his big league return back to possibly June or July.
Now the praying starts.
Santana ends the 2010 season with a record of 11-9 and a 2.98 ERA in 199 innings.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Heybatter: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Rice will have to......Edgin pitched one inning...
- DrDooby: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Shh. And don´t tell them that Alderson...
- DrDooby: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Satin is the prototype organizational Quad A...
- Sach: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: The Mets should have been playing Flores...
- DrDooby: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: Since Flores won´t have much trade bait...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!