Johan Santana Has Successful Surgery
According to Mets.com, Johan Santana underwent successful surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn capsule in his left shoulder.
The procedure was performed by Mets team doctor David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
The timetable for Santana’s return is unclear, although the Mets expressed optimism last week that their ace would be “ready to throw during Spring Training”.
Others have suggested he likely won’t be strong enough to resume a throwing program until mid-March, pushing his big league return back to possibly June or July.
Now the praying starts.
Santana ends the 2010 season with a record of 11-9 and a 2.98 ERA in 199 innings.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- DrDooby: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Prior to the start of the off-season,...
- Hatt Marvey: on With Hart and LoMo Off The Boards, Plot Thickens For First Base Market: FINALLY someone else has said what Ive...
- Dave In Spain: on With Hart and LoMo Off The Boards, Plot Thickens For First Base Market: If they can move Davis, would it...
- DrDooby: on Mets Will Meet With Agents For John Axford and Kevin Gregg: Gregg reminds me a lot of Brandon...
- DrDooby: on Mets Will Meet With Agents For John Axford and Kevin Gregg: None of these players would be valuable...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!