Dead Man Flying
Some mind-blowing stuff from the guys at Deadspin. A reader submitted the following to them detailing an incident that took place on a flight to Chicago for today’s game against the Cubs.
Apparently, Omar was flying coach, but that’s the least of this tale.
So I’m settling into my seat on a VERY inexpensive Jetblue flight to Chicago to see the Mets in Wrigley when I notice the flight attendant having a hard time closing the overhead compartment because of someone’s bag. After she sheepishly looks around for the culprit—he identifies himself. Since everyone was already seated and ready to fly, the apparently inconsiderate passenger was on stage for all to see. It was none other than Omar Minaya himself. What I didn’t say before is that this flight is CRAWLING with Mets fans making the pligramage to Wrigely. At once the plane is abuzz. One young man in 18A shouts out “I woulda traded frenchy three months ago” another says “Better live it up, this is probably your last flight to chicago as GM”. Delighted by the impromptu celebrity roast I chimed in with “I bet they flew Mike Jacobs in business class, at least”. We all laughed in unison—he sat down and put his headphones on, a defeated man.
Okay so it wasn’t mind-blowing, but it certainly got your attention didn’t it?
You can check out the accompanying photo at Deadspin.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on MMO Mailbag: What If Mets Find Cash In Stocking?: LOL...1 tough season and they label a...
- Djmurphy: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Jessep Do you think building a return package...
- Joe D: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Jackal I'm not a Drew fan. Read...
- Joe D: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Hi Murphy, personally I like him but...
- TRS86: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: It isn't an issue of money for...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!