Bobby Parnell Out For Season With Inflamed Elbow
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York is confirming that right-hander Bobby Parnell is being shut down for the remaining 12 games of the season with inflammation of the plica in his right elbow, according to the team.
After Parnell was declared unavailable for use Sunday by Jerry Manuel, the reliever told ESPNNewYork.com he believed the issue was triceps related. An MRI was taken Monday at the Hospital for Special Surgery. The injury is expected to calm down without the need for any procedure.
“Basically just inflammation in the back of the elbow,” Parnell said.
Parnell finishes the season with a 2.83 ERA in 41 relief appearances for the Mets. Hopefully some R&R does the trick and we can see him take on a more prominent role next season as the team’s everyday setup man, or possibly closer if the Mets successfully unload Frankie Rodriguez.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Hotstreak: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: Gary S. Or even better such as...
- B-Met Fan: on Internal Discussions Of Ike Davis Demotion ‘Intensifying’: I like Timothy's suggestion. Right now,...
- Heybatter: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: I agree with you on play him...
- Mike Lloyd: on Internal Discussions Of Ike Davis Demotion ‘Intensifying’: I have always been a Davis fan....
- Hotstreak: on What Do We Have In Lucas Duda And Is He The Solution At Left Field?: Lucas Duda has had enough opportunties to...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!