Mets have announced that Carlos Beltran will undergo an MRI at the Hospital for Special Surgery on Wednesday morning.
“I felt something,” Beltran said. “I don’t know what it is. But after being back and being able to play all these games, I didn’t feel anything until today. So let’s see what happens. Any pain in this knee, I have to let the trainers know that I felt something,” he said. “So I let them know and they decided to take me out of the game. So I don’t know what I have until tomorrow.”
Beltran indicated after the game that he was not worried. The pain in his right knee was not in the same location as the pain last year.
It seems that some fans have expressed disappointment that Beltran was not shutdown for the season, which really seems illogical to me. If your best players are healthy, than they should play. Beltran was well on his way to re-establishing himself as an offensive force and I’m glad he was allowed to play the season out. The Mets did nothing wrong.
Original Post 9:45 PM
In the top of the sixth inning, Gary Cohen reported that Carlos Beltran was removed from tonight’s game against the Brewers with right knee discomfort.
This is the same knee he had the surgery on in January that forced him to miss more than three months of this season.