Add Mike Nickeas To Mets September Callups
The Mets have added minor league catcher Mike Nickeas to the major-league roster.
The third September call-up will join the Mets here on Thursday. His name is Mike Nickeas. He is a 27-year-old catcher who began the year in Double A.
To make room for Nickeas on the 40-man roster, the team transferred John Maine to the 60-day disabled list. Maine underwent season-ending shoulder surgery in July.
He is likely to be non-tendered at season’s end.
Nickeas will provide some insurance for starter Josh Thole and backup Henry Blanco. He was batting .279 with Binghamton and Buffalo this season.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- BrooklynsOwn: on Sounds Like Daniel Murphy Is A Goner: If the Mets are serious about playing...
- jason bay: on Mets Could Still Target An Outfielder Despite Chris Young: There were numerous fans clamoring for Young...
- Peter: on Featured Post: Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: Ike can not be traded for getting...
- Hank: on Mets Plan To Introduce Curtis Granderson At Winter Meetings On Tuesday: They would probably rather roll with Serratelli....
- Andrew Herbst: on Featured Post: Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: You make a really good point about...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!