MLBPA Files Grievance Against Mets
The Major League Baseball Player’s Association filed a grievance against the Mets and the Commissioner’s Office on Tuesday to contest the Mets’ placement of Francisco Rodriguez on the Disqualified List.
The Mets announced the decision to place Rodriguez on the list Monday after they determined that he injured his right pitching thumb during his encounter with the grandfather of his children. By placing him on the list, Rodriguez’s contact became a non-guaranteed one.
Rodriguez underwent surgery on this thumb Monday in Manhattan and is expected to miss the rest of the season. No date has been set for the first hearing yet.
The Mets issued the following statement:
No surprise here…
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Tommy2cat: on Minors Wrap-Up: Brown/Rodriguez Fill Up Stat Sheet, Cuan Dominant: Nice to see Andrew Brown didn't go...
- METS62FAN: on Injury Update: Wheeler To Rejoin Las Vegas Rotation Next Wednesday: MARK, AFTER 50+ YRS AS A MET...
- gary s: on Mets Appealing Harvey Earned Run, Want Tejada Charged With Error: The tragic is back.Everything about this team...
- Judge Holden: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Also, based on some of his comments,...
- Judge Holden: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Great point. As far as I'm concerned,...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!