Mets Will Pick Up 2011 Option On Reyes
According to Mark Hale of the New York Post, the Mets intend to pick up the 2011 option on shortstop Jose Reyes this winter, and will also explore signing him to a long term deal.
Asked to comment on the situation, Reyes said,
“Right now I don’t think about that…I want to finish my career here…But this is a business.”
Reyes is in the final year of a four year, $23.25 million dollar contract he signed in 2006.
The 2011 option is worth $11 million dollars and includes a $500,000 buyout.
Obviously Jose Reyes will be back in 2011 and most likely many years beyond that. However, it’s apparent that the Mets still need to find the right mix of players to surround their core of Reyes, David Wright and Johan Santana. Recent attempts to build around them have been futile.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: It should NOT be about the players...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: Do you know the meaning of DIVIDED???? If...
- saturn: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Ike and Duda and the word super...
- ill_egl: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: At this point Im convinced TCs bumbling...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!