Mets Are Chasing Their Own Tails
“I thought we created a lot to build on in ’06, but it seems like we have taken some steps back, off of that year. It is frustrating being able to experience that, but not being able to experience that on a consistent basis.”
Wright also goes on to say that the Mets should be built around pitching and hopes that the team acquires “a no-doubt-about-it top-level starter like Cliff Lee“.
I thought that was pretty amusing and wondered if they did get that “no-doubt-about-it top-level starter”, if his team would give him the same crappy run support they have given Johan Santana in the last two years.
Anyway, my favorite part of Marchand’s article is how he describes the Mets offseason strategy during the Minaya era.
The Mets’ history is this: They chase their own tails. They usually look at their previous season, decide where they were deficient, try to fix that area and hope they receive the exact same production from their strong areas. It usually doesn’t work out well — and they go tail-chasing in another area the next offseason.
Spot on. I couldn’t have said it better myself.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Vinny B: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: I don't want to sound too pessimistic...
- taskmaster4450: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: Waitress: "and what would you to eat...
- Alwayzamazin: on Listen To Me And Joe D. On The “Shouts From Shea” Podcast Tonight: agreed, I will read their posts in...
- Connor O'Brien: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: When was the last time Kazmir pitched...
- taskmaster4450: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: I understand Slick. And yes two...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!