Jose Reyes Injures Right Oblique
Update 9:20 PM
According to SNY, the Mets will not let Jose Reyes resume baseball activities until his aggravated oblique muscle is pain free. It’s the same oblique he injured in June.
Original Post 8:35 PM
Mets shortstop Jose Reyes’ injured right oblique acted up again.
Reyes re-aggravated his right oblique strain running to first base after he singled in the bottom of the second inning and had to be taken out of tonight’s game.
The injury is considered mild and Reyes will “hold off from baseball activities until he is pain free.”
Reyes originally suffered the injury on June 29 in San Juan.
Reyes was visited by manager Jerry Manuel and a member of the Mets’ training staff before being lifted in favor of Ruben Tejada.
He is currently hitting .287 with eight home runs, 44 RBI and 28 stolen bases.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Joe D: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: What the heck are you talking about?...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: "The in-your-face coverage of Davis meltdowns may...
- ernest: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: Just like an earlier commenter pointed out....
- Joe D: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: His defense is severely limited, his power...
- Joe D: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: It doesn't really matter because the fact...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!