Mets Trade Francoeur To The Texas Rangers
It’s Official, the Mets have traded rightfielder Jeff Francoeur to the Texas Rangers for infielder Joaquin Arias.
Arias turns 26 in three weeks and has a career .286 batting average in 242 plate appearances. He plays second base so we may see him log some extended playing time.
Good luck Frenchy. We wish you well, and have fun in the Post Season.
Earlier today, Adam Rubin reported that there’s at least a chance Jeff Francoeur could be spending his last day as a New York Met.
Two MLB sources told ESPNNewYork.com that the Texas Rangers are looking for a right-handed-hitting outfielder for the bench and are considering Francoeur.
“His name has definitely been talked about,” one source said.
The deal would need to be completed today for Frenchy to be eligible for the postseason roster.
Sounds like the planets are aligning for a celebration among saber-minded Mets fans who never had any use or anything good to say for the Mets rightfielder.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Teddy Klein: on Mets Minors Report 5/18: Puello On A Hot Streak, Wheeler Hits DL, Mejia Makes Rehab Start: Unfortunately today Satish, you jinxed Jeff Walters.
- taskmaster4450: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: I see Francisco Pena is playing for...
- El Sid: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: Harvey will probably drop off a little,...
- jessep: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Not sure what this has to do...
- taskmaster4450: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: True he is a little old for...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!