A Memo To Fred Wilpon: The Time Is Now
After two of the most shameful games in the history of the New York Mets, I’m calling for the team owner – yes, you Fred Wilpon – to make some moves. Last night a local sport station host played “Taps” as he recounted the past two games. He’s a long time fan of the Mets – since their inception..
Is this what you want for the Mets? It wasn’t funny – it was sad.
First move – there is no earthly reason to keep Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo on this team. Get them out of here – now. You owe them money? That’s not a good enough excuse – it’s your team – make it work.
Jerry Manuel needs to go too – right now. He has no idea how to manage a game in progress. Whoever managed the game a week ago when Jerry Manuel was serving a penalty will be just fine until the end of the year if you can’t get Bobby Valentine in-season.
There are only a few other moves that are needed to really shake up this team. Anyone here on the MMO blog can point out to you who needs to stay and who needs to go. There are some fine every day players – Reyes, Wright, Ike, Pagan, and a couple of others. Beltran will be fine too when he is completely healed and in playing condition. They are the future.
One more thing, Fred. A major league baseball team is not like Wedgewood china passed down from generation to generation. It is a living, breathing, entity which needs daily attention year round on many levels.
Please do the right thing for all involved – the team, your employees and Mets fans everywhere.
About the Author: Former Writers
- Martin: on Why Andre Ethier Is A Better Choice Than Shin-Soo Choo: Crazy. Choo is a significantly better hitter...
- Joey D.: on Despite Stark Differences Between Yankees and Mets, Alderson Needs To Save Face: Hi El Sid, Listening to Yankee fans calling...
- TexasGusCC: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Good mate, thank you, hope you are...
- the mad met: on Despite Stark Differences Between Yankees and Mets, Alderson Needs To Save Face: If your gonna overpay and you are...
- chums41: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: When Ike was drafted, his father said...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!