Manuel and Minaya Are Safe For Now
According to Andy Martino of the Daily News, Jerry Manuel and Omar Minaya’s jobs are safe for now.
The Mets have lost six of seven games since the All-Star break, but all indications are that manager Jerry Manuel and general manager Omar Minaya are in no immediate danger of losing their jobs.
Minaya is making a scheduled trip to Los Angeles for this weekend’s series against the Dodgers, but the visit is routine. Either Minaya or one of his assistant GMs, John Ricco and Wayne Krivsky, accompanies the Mets on every trip.
With the July 31 trade deadline looming and the Mets struggling but alive in a weak National League wild card race, no leadership changes are planned. That could change if the Mets continue to lose, but no one is on the proverbial hot seat at this time.
It sounds like a good way to go for now, but if the team doesn’t turn this current dry streak around soon, things could start to develop quickly.
Another thing that could set the wheels in motion would be declining attendance at Citi Field when the team returns to Flushing next week.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Dave In Spain: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: Hefner is a Purchase Order? But is...
- DrDooby: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: One can certainly argue about keeping Reyes...
- ill_egl: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: Good read. I enjoyed this post. It...
- ill_egl: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: I feel the Beltran trade was one...
- DrDooby: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: The 2011 payroll actually ended up right...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!