Chase Utley Out 6-8 Weeks
Peter Gammons of the MLB Network via Twitter is confirming Phillies second baseman Chase Utley will have surgery Thursday in New York to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb.
According to Comcast SportsNet, no timetable has been announced for his return, but typically a player needs six to eight weeks of recovery time before being ready for major league action.
In his last 10 games Utley is hitting .395 (15-for-38) with 11 RBIs. He is hitting .277 with 11 home runs and 37 RBIs this season.
Phillies third baseman Placido Polanco is also on the disabled list. He has inflammation in his left elbow and was scheduled to seek a second opinion Thursday in New York. There is no update on Polanco’s status.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Heybatter: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Rice will have to......Edgin pitched one inning...
- DrDooby: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Shh. And don´t tell them that Alderson...
- DrDooby: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Satin is the prototype organizational Quad A...
- Sach: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: The Mets should have been playing Flores...
- DrDooby: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: Since Flores won´t have much trade bait...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!