Pat Misch Is Outperforming Gee, Parnell and Stoner
Remember Pat Misch? While taking a look at how our minor league teams were doing, I was surprised to see how well Pat Misch was still doing at Class-AAA Buffalo. He got off to a great start in April and I thought he would eventually cool off, but I was dead wrong.
As of last night, Misch is 5-1 with a 3.33 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP in 70.1 innings pitched. He has walked 11 batters while striking out 41, a very impressive ratio.
Dillon Gee, who seems to be the one getting all the press this season, is far off that pace with a 4.37 ERA (over a run higher than Misch) and a 1.31 WHIP in 70 innings. Gee has walked 23 and struck out 65.
Tobi Stoner, who is also mentioned quite often and highly regarded, is sporting an unsightly 5.23 ERA with a 1.57 WHIP in 63 innings pitched. He has walked 21 while striking out 48 batters. Numbers that jump out at you, but for the wrong reasons.
Bobby Parnell, seems to have fallen off the map completely, and this one time Mets untouchable isn’t even starting for the Bisons as the original plan called for. Instead, he now pitches out of the pen and in 20 appearances this season, he has a 4.46 ERA to go with a 1.44 WHIP. He’ll be 26-years old in September, and he still occasionaly hits 100 mph on the radar gun, but he’ll need to start improving those secondary pitches if he ever wants to see the light of day in the Majors anytime soon.
Misch is now the Buffalo Bisons ace, and had an outstanding month in May since replacing R.A. Dickey in that role. He held batters to a .180 BA in 28.1 innings pitched, while posting a 1,91 ERA and a 21/4 K/BB ratio. He also threw a complete game shutout two starts back.
Misch pitched well for the Mets last season, and I suspect that if the Mets run into any trouble with the bullpen or the backend of the rotation, we’ll see him again and ahead of Parnell, Gee or Stoner.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Padilla: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: If you remember Metsie, they tried that...
- Connor O'Brien: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Not understanding me Vinny. Ther were very...
- Padilla: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: Ah, take the very very small sample...
- paula: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Mets Need More Time To Get Better...
- The golf pair of running footwear are made to invigorate and christian louboutin sydney consequently whip up the advantages of regarding. louboutin shoes: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready” |...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!