There’s Something Very Phishy About This Post
I wanted to post something before the game and I had a choice to either write something about the trash at Citi Field or some non Mets news that smelled very Phishy. What a choice, huh?
I decided to go with the latter, but before I do, I wanted to thank our friends at the uber-cool Real Dirty Mets Blog. for pointing me toward this phoul stench of a story. GravediggerHebner explains:
According to many reports, including this one from The Houston Chronicle, the G20 Summit has forced the Philadelphia Phillies inter-league series originally scheduled in Toronto, Ontario for June 25-27 to be moved to Philadelphia. The games will be played in the Phillies home ballpark, Citizens Bank Park, but will be “road” games for the Phillies. The DH will be used and the Toronto Blue Jays will be considered the “home” team and will bat last.
Additionally, Major League Baseball released the following statement:
“After reviewing all of the options with the parties and taking all of the security considerations into account, it was determined that the best course of action is to play the series in Philadelphia,” Commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement. “I appreciate the cooperation of the Blue Jays, the Phillies and all of the parties who have helped resolve this challenging situation.”
Personally, I think it’s already unfair that they get to play the normally alotted 82 games in that tiny bandbox, but 85 games?
I also understand that the Phillies will not have homefield advantage because of the DH and not getting last licks, but that doesn’t mean I have to buy into it.
Why didin’t they just swap series with another team instead, was all of this really neccesary?
Hopefully, there will not be any homerun records at stake at the season winds down.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Baseball has no cap and the luxury...
- Robert Thomas: on Mariners Seal The Deal With 10-Year, $240 Million For Cano: I just came onto your post and...
- chago: on Curtis Granderson Agrees To Four Year, $60 Million Deal With Mets: All right Jeff , congratulations we get...
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: That's exactly right Doobs. Even Beltran's biggest...
- DrDooby: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Hi Joey D., considering where the Mets...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!