Last Night’s Game Was Brought To You By The Number 8
Eight pints make a gallon.
Eight is the third number that stays the same when written upside down.
There are eight legs on a spider, barring accidents. Scorpions also have eight legs.
According to Indian mythology, the Earth is supported on the backs of eight white elephants.
Before the rise of Christianity, there were eight days in the Greek and Roman weeks.
The number 8 stands in symbolism for the planet Saturn.
There have been many Mets players who have worn uniform number 8 and they include:
Yogi Berra, Carlos Baerga, Gary Carter, Dan Norman, Desi Relaford, Chris Cannizzaro, Rick Sweet, Dave Gallagher, Phil Mankowski, Ronn Reynolds and John Gibbons.
Lets Go Mets!
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/18/2013
- TexasGusCC: on Mets Acquire Eric Young Jr. For Collin McHugh, DFA Cowgill and Promote Brown: Good move! There I said it....
- RandomGuy: on Wheeler Deals, Mets Sweep Braves In Nightcap, 6-1: And you keep Murphy at first? Duda...
- XtreemIcon: on Wheeler Deals, Mets Sweep Braves In Nightcap, 6-1: Scouts don't lie. Maybe they get it...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Wheeler Deals, Mets Sweep Braves In Nightcap, 6-1: Second base of course...Mets have a free...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Wheeler Deals, Mets Sweep Braves In Nightcap, 6-1: I have never heard he was miserable...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!