Jose Lima Dead Of Heart Attack At 37
Enrique Rojas of ESPNdeportes.com and ESPN.com reports the following sad news,
Former All-Star right-hander Jose Lima died Sunday morning at his home in Los Angeles at the age of 37.
The cause of death was ruled a heart attack, according to his wife, Dorca Astacio.
“Jose was complaining while sleeping and I just thought he was having a nightmare,” Astacio told ESPNdeportes.com. “I called the paramedics, but they couldn’t help him.”
Lima was 89-102 in 13 seasons with the Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Mets.
He was selected to the All-Star Game with Houston in 1999, when he won a career-high 21 games.
Lima didn’t return to the major leagues after being released by the Mets in 2006, when he posted a 0-4 record.
Last winter, Lima played for the Aguilas Cibaenas in the Dominican Republic and had announced plans to do the same in the upcoming season.
RIP Jose… our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Djmurphy: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Not sure what ur talking about both...
- Djmurphy: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: The trade w toronto was great. It...
- Djmurphy: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: The beltran n fickey trades will go...
- Metsie: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: I hear that World War Z is...
- Djmurphy: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Drafting plawecki w the reyes comp pick...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!