Jason Bay Has Been Solid In Citi Field
Many were worried about Jason bay being able to hit at Citi Field after the Mets signed him. Some said that Citi Field wasn’t his type of park or that he wasn’t the kind of player who could succeed in Citi Field. Just over five weeks into the season, Bay is batting .239 this season with just a .376 slugging percentage. Not exactly what the Mets were hoping for, but it’s still early.
However, it seems that all of Bay’s struggles are mostly coming on the road, and he has done very well at Citi Field.
After another hit and two more RBIs in yesterdays game, Bay is batting .302 with a .937 OPS and ,408 OBP. Nine out of ten of his extra-base hits have come at home and 12 of his 16 runs scored have come at Citi Field. He has drawn eleven walks while striking out sixteen times.
Jason Bay is currently in the midst of an eight game home hitting streak, during which he is batting .357 with three doubles, two triples and one homerun.
Additionally, Bay has wowed the crowd and quieted his critics by playing some of the most spectacular defense in Citi Field since the place opened for business.
Bay is a big reason for the Mets success at home games this season.
On the flip side, what Jason Bay needs most is to start giving the Mets some production on the road where he is batting .152 with 17 strikeouts in 46 at-bats with a pitiful .74 slugging percentage.
The Mets have a won/loss record of 13-5 at home, and 4-8 on the road.
Time for Bay to step it up and become the road warrior we need him to be. As for struggling in a park like Citi? Much ado about nothing.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Will A: on Alderson: Mets Will Limit Zack Wheeler To 180-185 Innings: How dumb does that look now that...
- Will A: on Braves vs Mets: Marcum Still Looking For First Win, Davis Batting Seventh: It would be smart for Harvey to...
- Connor O'Brien: on Braves vs Mets: Marcum Still Looking For First Win, Davis Batting Seventh: We'll see. Hopefully it'll happen.
- Will A: on Braves vs Mets: Marcum Still Looking For First Win, Davis Batting Seventh: "The monsters out of the cage" (Re:...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Braves vs Mets: Marcum Still Looking For First Win, Davis Batting Seventh: "Hopefully they can sign him to a...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!