Gritty Francoeur Toughin’ It Out And In Todays Lineup
Jeff Francoeur, who was struck on the left elbow by a pitch in the seventh inning last night, will be in the lineup this afternoon. Francoeur, who put on a personal one-man highlight reel against the Phillies, was later removed from the game, taken for x-rays and was diagnosed with a contusion on his elbow. He was expected to get a few days off, however, the gamer that he is asked in this morning, and refused to sit on the sidelines. He is in the lineup as Mike Pelfrey squares off against Roy Halladay, and I bet he has a heck of a game too.
Here is today’s lineup:
- Angel Pagan, CF
- Alex Cora, 2B
- Jose Reyes, SS
- Jason Bay, LF
- David Wright, 3B
- Ike Davis, 1B
- Jeff Francoeur, RF
- Henry Blanco, C
- Mike Pelfrey, RHP
Remember all the jokes that were made when Omar Minaya said that one of the many intangibles French brought to the table was his penchant for playing in every game and never wanting out of the lineup even when he is hurt? All the haters thought it was pretty funny at the time. Ha ha ha, that’s hillarious…
Also, this little item from the Elias Sports Bureau by way of Adam Rubin: The Mets became the fourth team in major league history to be at least five games out of first place in April and take sole possession of the division lead by the end of the month. The others: the 1982 San Diego Padres, the 1989 Mets, and the 2007 San Francisco Giants.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Metsie: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: No not going to put up Donal?
- Danny R: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Buck leads catchers in hr and rbi Niese...
- Metsie: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: I guess you missed the News ... Omar...
- Metsie: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: I think Connor is trying to say...
- Metsie: on Mets Are Ten Games Below .500 – It’s Starting To Feel Like 1978: Call me Monarch Notes! LOL
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!