Fernando Nieve Will Get The Start On Saturday
Last night, after the Mets shutout the Phillies 5-0, Jerry Manuel told reporters during his post game that Fernando Nieve will get the start on Saturday against the Brewers.
According to Manuel, Nieve earned the nod and said that he deserves his shot because of how well he has performed this season and also because he performed well as a starter last season.
Raul Valdes was the other possibility, but in my opinion, Manuel is making the right choice, and Valdes should stay in the pen where he can be more useful.
There was talk of promoting someone from the minors, like a Dillon Gee or Tobi Stoner, but that would have made little sense when it was only going to be for one start anyway.
Jon Niese is expected to be activated on June 1st when he is eligible, and should be ready to join the rotation to make his next start after that.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
- Judge Holden: on Dillon Gee Has Pitched Himself Back Into The Rotation, But So Has Hefner: He keeps his spot in the rotation...
- ImaginaryFigment: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Because Lagares unlike Valdespin is not under...
- Met Maniac: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: Actually Alex was here with me and...
- Connor O'Brien: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: Sabermetrics people are just as much baseball...
- Corporal Klegg: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: Alex will be here long after you're...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!