(Mets) History Repeats Itself
The Mets of 2010 are doing things that teams of winning seasons did. Some say it’s coincidence; I say it’s a good sign.
For example, the Mets current seven-game winning streak is the longest in April since winning seven straight in 2006, when they came within one game of the World Series. The April winning streak record is 11 straight, in you guessed it, ’86.
And how about this one? The last time the Mets went 9-1 on a home stand was in September of 1988. That was the year they won the NL East. Prior to that, the last 9-1 home stand was, of course, in 1969.
Might we be seeing a trend here?
About the Author: Former Writers
- ray sadecki: on 3 Up & 3 Down: The Bar Is Now Open Edition: Good article. Yes, this year has been...
- Hank: on MLB Scout On Davis: Would Have Been Better Served Going To Minors Last Season: Thank you very much. You nailed it....
- Donal: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Wasting a season? Like Ike Davis? Or...
- Heybatter: on MLB Scout On Davis: Would Have Been Better Served Going To Minors Last Season: Scout says Ike should have gone down...
- Mr North Jersey: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: If I were to name the players...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!