Checking In With Some Friends…
Our old friend David Ponte from NYsportSpace, is at it again and draws on his unique wit to compile his “10 Positive Prophecies for the 2010 Mets“. I always enjoy reading his take take on the Mets and this one is definitely worth a look. My favorite one is number three:
Johan Santana will throw a no hitter at CitiField. This pitching accomplishment has eluded every Mets pitcher that’s ever donned Blue and Orange. Johan will do this in August in a game that no one expects him to, and the reason why will be because not one spectator will utter the words “no” or “hitter” in the 9 inning span.
Are you nervous about tonight’s game against the Marlins with John Maine on the mound? Well you shouldn’t be, and in fact I urge all of you to just relax, grab a cold beer, tune in and enjoy the game. I just finished reading a great post on The Real Dirty Mets Blog that will show you just how spectacular John Maine has been against the Marlins. You want clear and convincing evidence? Then go to TRDMB and check it out.
I really don’t understand what the big deal is about this 7 Nation Army, so maybe someone can explain it to me. I mean I completely understand that we have players hailing from Venezuela, Japan, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama and Mexico, but that really doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things… does it? I just want the Mets to put together the best 25 players they can, regardless of where they are from. Just give me a team that will play good, fundamental baseball and give me meaningful games in September. Is that too much to ask?
Finally, I caught some cool chatter yesterday on Twitter from all my fellow Mets bloggers and fans. It looks like most of us are in agreement on two things…
1. You can play Mike Jacobs if you want, but please don’t bat him higher than 5th in the order.
2. It looks like Jerry Manuel made a good decision keeping Fernando Nieve over Nelson Figueroa, but Figgy would have been better than Sean Green.
Have a great day, and Lets Go Mets!
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- taskmaster4450: on MMO Fan Shot: Could Kemp Be The Finishing Touch To Powerful Mets Lineup?: You are if you think he will...
- DrDooby: on Mets Looking For A Team’s Top Prospect For Murphy: I have no problem at all with...
- Donal: on Brewers Exec: Mets Want Too Much For Davis, More Interested In Hart: Where on Earth did you see that?...
- Steve S.: on Mets Set Sights On Former Closer Chris Perez: I would sign Perez for $2-3 million,...
- John Ginder: on Mets Set Sights On Former Closer Chris Perez: Like it is with any free agent,...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!