Jason Bay Loves Pearl Jam
Jason Bay still has that brand-new car smell.. We still haven’t learned how all those cool gizmos and hi-tech gadgets work…
All of us are hoping that his acquisition will be the driving force, as the Mets look to put the pedal to the metal and vrooom to the top of the NL East.
Steve Serby of the NY Post does a bang-up job in an interview with our biggest offseason acquisition. It turns out Bay is actually a pretty cool dude and not just because his iPod is loaded with Pearl Jam or that he thinks PB&J sandwiches are a big key to three-hit games. Here’s some more cool things you may not know about #44…
On the pop-culture front:
Q: Favorite movie? A: “Gladiator.”
Q: Favorite actor? A: Edward Norton.
Q: Favorite actress? A: Kate Beckinsale.
My favorite part of the interview was definitely this back-and-forth moment:
Q: Favorite childhood memory?
A: The Little League World Series.
Q: Why? Taiwan beat you 20-1.
A: ’Cause we scored a run (chuckles). We were the only team to score a run off them, and they were 14, 15 years old. They were definitely men playing against boys at the time. Four or five years later, they got busted for overage players.
Q: How did you do in that game?
A: I was the one who scored the run.
The full article is loaded with two pages of great dialog that will give you a better appreciation of our new left fielder.
I’m a big Jason Bay fan and I often wondered how much better the Mets would have fared if they had simply hung onto him when he was the Mets property for a mere nanosecond.
Read the full article here.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Branden: on Valdespin Won’t Let Criticism Lower His Self Esteem: I am regular reader, how are you...
- metsfaninparadise: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: Lotta conservative people in baseball. Midwesterners...
- metsfaninparadise: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: I don't believe it's anything beyond coincidence...
- Hotstreak: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Jessep: If he the excuses are...
- Joey D.: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: Hi Benny, If Sandy is indeed sticking to...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!