Beltran Planning Early May Return?
The New York Mets are really hoping to surprise some people this season after the dismal, injury-riddled 2009, but a portion of that expectation is resting on the rehab from surgery on the right knee of Carlos Beltran.
According to the New York Daily News, Beltran is likely going to be back in the lineup before early May.
“Every day I’m improving,” Beltran told the paper. “I don’t feel the same way I did last year. At the same time, it’s hard for me to say when I’m going to be ready. Doing this is no problem, but the big test will be when I start doing baseball activities every day, when I start running, catching fly balls and standing out there on my feet for a full day. I’m looking forward to that.”
The activities that Beltran told reporters about, will begin sometime in April which means that the earliest Beltran will be back is in mid April. You can be sure that the rest of the team along with the Wilpon’s cannot wait!
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- El Sid: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: If Sabathia's elbow goes then the Yankees...
- Nails: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: When Santana got hurt, I knew the...
- Metsie: on If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: If they do send him down it...
- Nails: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: Let's go Mets! Play hard and get...
- Metsie: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: "that will make the difference." WHEN? Please say...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!