According to a team press release, the Mets will offer fans more than 50 promotion, theme, and heritage dates and special events, giving away more than 400,000 items.
The big one in my opinion is the Mets Hall of Fame Induction on Sunday August 1st, when Frank Cashen, Dwight Gooden, Davey Johnson and Darryl Strawberry will be honored during a pre-game, on-field ceremony and the first 25,000 fans will receive a commemorative item.
Other highlights of the 2010 regular season schedule include:
* Pyrotechnics Night – The Mets will celebrate Independence Day with a pyrotechnics display following the Monday, July 5 game against the Cincinnati Reds at 7:10 p.m.
* Mr. Met Dash - Six in all - All kids 12 and under in attendance will have the opportunity to run the bases at Citi Field – weather permitting – during Mr. Met Dashes after the game Saturday, April 24; Sunday, June 27; Sunday, Aug. 1; Sunday, Aug. 15; Sunday, Aug. 29; and Sunday, Sept. 19.
* Senior Stroll – Fans 60 and over can take a leisurely stroll around the bases at Citi Field – weather permitting – following the Mets-San Diego Padres matchup on Thursday, June 10 at 1:10 p.m.
* Citi Field Home Run Apple presented by Citi – To celebrate Opening Day, Monday April 5 at 1:10 p.m. against the Florida Marlins, the first 25,000 fans will receive a miniature replica of the Citi Field Home Run Apple that serves as a savings bank.
* Magnetic Schedule presented by Pepsi – Fans will be able to keep track of Mets matchups through the season with a magnetic schedule, presented by Pepsi, which will be given away to the first 25,000 fans attending the Friday, April 9 game versus the Washington Nationals at 7:10 p.m.
* Lunchbox presented by Verizon – On Sunday, Aug. 15, the first 25,000 fans attending the 1:10 p.m. game against the Philadelphia Phillies will receive a lunchbox, courtesy of Verizon.
* Jason Bay Bobblehead presented by Gold’s – The first 25,000 fans can take home a bobblehead of Mets’ new leftfielder Jason Bay when they buy tickets to the Mets-Braves game on Sunday, July 11 at 1:10 p.m.
* Scarf presented by Caesars – The first 25,000 fans to arrive for the Mets-Nationals matchup on Saturday, April 10 at 1:10 p.m. will receive a scarf courtesy of Caesars.
* Beach Towel presented by Subway – Fans can get ready for summer with a Mets beach towel, courtesy of Subway, that will be given out to the first 25,000 fans at the Sunday, June 6 game against the Florida Marlins at 1:10 p.m.
* Jose Reyes Delta Drawstring Bag – On Saturday, July 10, when the Mets play the Atlanta Braves at 4:10 p.m., the first 25,000 fans will receive a Delta Drawstring bag featuring Jose Reyes.
The Mets will celebrate the diversity of New York with pre-game activities during heritage dates including: Haitian Night (Wednesday, April 7); Asian Night (Wednesday, May 26); Greek Night (Saturday, June 5); Chinese-American Night (Friday, July 9); Irish Night (Saturday, August 14); Polish-American Night (Tuesday, August 24); Italian Night (Wednesday, August 25); Taiwan Night (Friday, Sept. 17); and Oktoberfest (Friday, October 1).
Here are all the give-away promotion days:
- Citi Field Home Run Apple (Citi) vs. Marlins Monday, April 5 1:10 p.m.
- Magnetic Schedule (Pepsi) vs. Nationals Friday, April 9 7:10 p.m.
- Scarf (Caesars) vs. Nationals Saturday, April 10 1:10 p.m.
- Ski Cap (GEICO) vs. Braves Friday, April 23 7:10 p.m.
- Collector’s Cup (Premio) vs. Giants Friday, May 7 7:10 p.m.
- Gift Card (Dunkin’ Donuts) vs. Phillies Wednesday, May 26 7:10 p.m.
- Sports Bag (Verizon) vs. Marlins Saturday, June 5 4:10 p.m.
- Beach Towel (Subway) vs. Marlins Sunday, June 6 1:10 p.m.
- Mets Cap (Nathan’s) vs. Twins Saturday, June 26 1:10 p.m.
- Pyrotechnics Night vs. Reds Monday, July 5 7:10 p.m.
- Jose Reyes Drawstring Bag (Delta) vs. Braves Saturday, July 10 4:10 p.m.
- Jason Bay Bobblehead (Gold’s) vs. Braves Sunday, July 11 1:10 p.m.
- Mets T-Shirt (EmblemHealth) vs. D-backs Friday, July 30 7:10 p.m.
- Green Cap (GEICO) vs. Phillies Saturday, Aug. 14 10 p.m.
- Lunchbox (Verizon) vs. Phillies Sunday, Aug.15 1:10 p.m.