Mets Reliever Comes Up Lame, Mets Look To Void Claim
According to David Waldstein of the NY Times, the Mets are trying to void their waiver claim on left-handed pitcher Jay Marshall, who has not reported to camp because of a pre-existing shoulder injury.
Jay Marshall, a left-handed reliever the Mets claimed off waivers from the Oakland Athletics last month, did not report to camp because of a sore shoulder. The Mets said it was a pre-existing injury and asked the commissioner’s office to void the claim
The Mets have good case as last season, while with the Athletics, Marchall had been sidelined due to tendinitis in his throwing shoulder. This offseason the A’s designated him for assignment, and the Mets claimed him on January 8th.
It is now in the hands of the commissioner’s office, who should rule in the Mets favor.
Waldstein also offers another possible reason for the injury and writes,
But with the Mets’ recent history of injuries, this situation sounds more plausible: Marshall was sitting at his home in Missouri on Jan. 8, minding his own business, and the instant the Mets filed the claim, he felt a piercing pain in his throwing shoulder.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Jeru: on The Curtis Granderson Story: Have We Seen This Movie Before?: No the deal in 2005 had Cammy...
- John Q: on Curtis Granderson Is About To Join An Exclusive Club: You can fool around with the play...
- Captain America: on The Curtis Granderson Story: Have We Seen This Movie Before?: Deal had Mike Cameron in it too...
- El Sid: on Adam Rubin: Current Mets Payroll Projection At $75.4 Million: I hear you about SS. I'm open...
- Captain America: on The Curtis Granderson Story: Have We Seen This Movie Before?: This is a mets fan site. If you...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!