Mets Merized Is Looking For New Mets Bloggers & Writers
Baseball season is back, and just as the Mets start to limber up and get loose in spring training before beginning their Grapefruit League schedule next week, so are we.
Mets Merized is now looking to staff several open spots for the 2010 season, and we are on the lookout for a few passionate Mets bloggers who love to write to join our team.
Currently, we need bloggers who can cover Mondays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays, and we are also in need of two game recappers to help us cover all the action this season.
If you’re a true baseball addict, we can also use an MLB blogger who is familiar with Google reader that can scour the web for top baseball news with a strong focus on the NL East.
As a blogger for MMO you have full creative liberty to express your points of view on any Mets hot-button issues, Mets news, rumors, players, etc.
- Strong writing skills with attention to grammar and spelling.
- Passionate MLB and Mets fans with unique opinions that beg to be heard.
- Previous blogging experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- Internet baseball junkies are most welcome!
If you want to share your passion for the “Orange and Blue” with thousands of other Mets fans, then this would be the perfect opportunity for you. If you already have your own Mets blog, and want to network with Mets Merized Online, contact us and join our team. If you’re a student who is majoring in sports journalism and are looking to gain some experience and exposure, contact us today.
Why write for Mets Merized Online?
- We are ranked the the third most popular Mets site by Ballhype behind MetsBlog and Amazin Avenue.
- Our traffic continues to grow exponentially and we now enjoy over 100K hits per day.
- We have a full time graphics designer on staff to help with special features and banners for your posts.
- We have three senior editors whose job it is to make sure you look good.
- Many of our past writers have thanked and credited us for helping them to move on to bigger and better opportunities in sports journalism.
Mets Merized Online has been featured on or mentioned by the Daily News, NY Post, Newsday, Star-Ledger, ESPN.com, ESPN New York, MLB Trade Rumors, AOL Fanhouse, FOX Sports, SI.com, USA Today and WFAN Sports Radio as well as other great Mets sites like MetsBlog and Amazin’ Avenue.
We have over 2,600 Twitter followers (in just 20 months), 20,000 Myspace friends, 850 Facebook Fans, 820 Mets Merized Online Email subscribers, and our feed is ranked in the top .08% of over 8 million registered RSS feeds.
In the past two years we have conducted interviews with current Mets players Nick Evans, Josh Thole and Angel Pagan, former manager Jerry Manuel, former pitching coach Rick Peterson, and former players Art Shamsky, Ron Swoboda, Ron Darling, as well as several Mets beat writers and national sports journalists.
We are very proud to be a part of the FSV family which is funded by USA Today and includes other great partner sites like Baseball Reference, Baseball Musings, Baseball Almanac, Sport Spyder and dozens of other great sports sites.
So what are you waiting for?
Email us at GetMetsMerized@aol.com and join one of the fastest growing sports sites on the web!
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- El Sid: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: There are so few decent major league...
- the mad met: on Mets Select Right-Handers Seth Rosin, Jon Velasquez, Could Deal Rosin: Hope fully with the blue jays would...
- Sloatsburg Mets Fan: on Mets Select Right-Handers Seth Rosin, Jon Velasquez, Could Deal Rosin: I get the major league portion but...
- El Sid: on MMO Exclusive: David Wright Can Deal With The Pressure: Something folks aren't considering for a better...
- Spanky: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: "Players are a lot bigger and stronger...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!