Delgado Not Retiring, But May Sign Mid-Season
Former Mets first baseman Carlos Delgado isn’t retiring, but you may not find him on anybody’s roster come Opening Day. The first baseman’s agent, David Sloane, tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that Delgado will not be accepting any of the offers that are currently available to him, some of which are major league deals.
“Delgado does not plan on retiring. Instead, he’ll wait for an opportunity to open up. When that happens, Carlos will be available,” Sloane said. “We’re confident someone will sign him. It’s just a matter of who and when.”
About the Author: Former Writers
- Metsr1: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Like P.T. Barnum said...
- Joey D.: on Mets Are Ten Games Below .500 – It’s Starting To Feel Like 1978: Hi Hans, No, the Yankees are not struggling...
- Donal: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: If he really said that, then he's...
- Matt Mosher: on Mets Are Ten Games Below .500 – It’s Starting To Feel Like 1978: I'm a Sandy supporter. But one year...
- Sims: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: Accountability is code for media wanted to...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!