About the Author: Stephen Hanks
Stephen Hanks (Tom Terrific) is a magazine editor and writer based in Brooklyn, NY, who has been the publisher and editorial director of publications ranging in subjects from sports to health to archaeology. Hanks began his career at the late, great SPORT Magazine in 1977 and in 1983, he co-founded NEW YORK SPORTS Magazine (which ceased publication in 1985). He has written and edited coffee table books on baseball history, penned unauthorized biographies of Bo Jackson and Wayne Gretzky, and in 1990 authored "The Game That Changed Pro Football," an oral history of the 1969 New York Jets Super Bowl Season. Stephen has also played baseball for 45 years and currently plays in an Over-40 hardball league based in Northern New Jersey. Even though he grew up near Yankee Stadium, he loathes the team from the Bronx and has been a die-hard Mets fan since attending his first game at the Polo Grounds in 1963.
Leave a comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: This guy is a hitting machine. When...
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Trade murph his value has nvr been...
- Fonzie13: on Mateo Had Tommy John Surgery This Week: This sucks. I'm just as high on...
- Russell's Mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Now you're just trolling, Giants won...
- Russell's Mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: a 22 year old playing in low...