Real Story Regarding Jason Bay’s Knees
Many of you have read all the negative aspersions cast upon the Mets signing of Jason Bay, a move that was highly applauded on this site. After having to fend off a volley of attacks for not making a stronger effort to sign Jason Bay, the Mets are now having to defend themselves against rumors and whispers that Jason Bay has bad knees and may not make it past the second year of his 4-year deal.
Most of this is being fueled by the same Peter Gammons who said Jason Bay would rather play in Beirut when in fact Bay had already agreed to a contract three days earlier with the Mets as we all later learned. As is usually th case with Gammons and his former cronies at ESPN, it turns out we only got a half truth, the half that would raise fears in our fanbase and further embarrass our team.
I encourage all of you to read this post entitled “Jason Bay Tells His Side of the Story” at The Real Dirty Mets Blog along with the accompanying article he links back to from Rob Bradford of WEEI Radio.
It’s an eye opening account that sheds light on the real story behind the “so-called bum knees” that you all should be aware of.
For those of you looking for the short of it, put your minds at ease, Jason Bay’s knees are fine.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Reds vs Mets: Niese On The Mound, Murphy Leading Off, Duda Batting Cleanup: Never said he was a problem? If...
- taskmaster4450: on Reds vs Mets: Niese On The Mound, Murphy Leading Off, Duda Batting Cleanup: Wright is a star, not a superstar....
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Reds vs Mets: Niese On The Mound, Murphy Leading Off, Duda Batting Cleanup: Yeah if Headley has another season like...
- Major Mofongo: on Reds vs Mets: Niese On The Mound, Murphy Leading Off, Duda Batting Cleanup: If Wright were black or hispanic, he...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Reds vs Mets: Niese On The Mound, Murphy Leading Off, Duda Batting Cleanup: LOL@ I hate the Mets....Nah I just...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!