PECOTA Projections From BP
The folks over at Baseball Prospectus just published their 2010 projected standings. For the life of me, I’ll never understand this whole scientific approach to these things. Last season, as I do every season, I posted my own projections and got 4 out of 6 first place teams right, and my system is no better than throwing darts! Anyhow, here’s their take on the NL East…
1. Philadelphia Phillies 88-74
2. Atlanta Braves 85-77
3. Washington Nationals 82-80
4. New York Mets 77-85
5. Florida Marlins 76-86
Wow, they have the Nationals finishing ahead of us and the Mets closer to last place (one game) than third place (five games).
In all fairness, these projections were probably prepared before the news broke that the Mets have re-signed Fernando Tatis. No word on whether there will an updated version released.
On the positive side for Yankees haters like myself, they have the Bronx Bombers finishing third despite all of their significant upgrades, and the Rays finishing in first place. In fact they have the Rays winning more games (96) than any other MLB team. Did I miss something this off season?
I have a feeling that someday I’m actually gonna get all this advanced metrics stuff, and that I’ll look back at my former self and shake my head in disbelief… Nah, probably not.
Anyway, you can check out their complete standings here.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- 3doza33: on Wright Excited To Have Granderson On Board, Alderson Determined To Get Deal Done: I agree 100%!!! Law is a tool...
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: I'm at the point where I am...
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Also the fact that Beltran wasn't resigned...
- Herb G: on Curtis Granderson Agrees To Four Year, $60 Million Deal With Mets: WE just got Granderson for $180 million...
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: That's why I refuse to engage in...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!