Mets And Pineiro Discussing Two Year $15 Million Contract
According to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse, the Mets are having in-depth talks with right hander Joel Pineiro about a contract that is worth around 2 years and $15 million.
Pineiro reportedly received a much similar offer from the Washington Nationals earlier this off-season, but he may be leaning toward signing with a contender like the Mets.
Last year the 31 year old right hander was 15-12 with an ERA of 3.49 in 32 starts. Pineiro also has a ground ball rate of 60.2% which led the major leagues.
I really hope Omar is looking closely at Pineiro, especially his ground ball rate which will only help him at Citi Field. The Mets could really use another arm in the starting rotation and there are few healthy options left out there.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are also engaged with Pineiro, but it is not known what the length of contract is being discussed.
We shall see where this latest development will takes us.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: C'mon Connor, Home/away splits??? We all know hitters almost...
- taskmaster4450: on Plawecki Nearing A Promotion From Savannah: Agree completely. Alderson is babying some...
- Brian Simons: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: Are we signing people because their tall...
- taskmaster4450: on Plawecki Nearing A Promotion From Savannah: I think that was the concern. ...
- Alex68: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: Anyone up for a Rauch reunion? No
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!