Ben Sheets Agrees To Deal With A’s
According to CBS Sports’ Danny Knobler, the Oakland A’s have signed free agent Ben Sheets to a one-year deal worth more than $10 million dollars plus bonus incentives.
He passed his physical today, and the deal is expected to be announced this afternoon.
Passing his physical today would indicate this may have been agreed to 2-3 days ago.
@SI_JonHeyman: Ben Sheets got $10 million plus performance bonuses. Not bad after idle ’09.
Also, no word if the Mets even made an offer.
More details to come..
You can start your ranting now…
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- ray sadecki: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: Daniel Murphy is not a slow runner....
- Metsie: on Mets Will Need To Overpay To Attract Quality Players, But Will They?: They are going to lose money again...
- Mr North Jersey: on Mets Minors Report 5/25: Tapia Gets Lit Up, Puello Stays Hot, Bowman And Verrett Go Today: Wow, with the exception of Carlos Torres...
- DrDooby: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Harvey & Wright are " untouchable "...
- Metsie: on Cowgill and Nieuwenhuis Continue to Struggle in Minors: So much for the idea that sending...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!