Molina Tells Mets He Wants 3 Years Or Bust
The New York Mets must be banging their heads on the wall right now as the off season continues to evolve into a public relations nightmare.
As Omar and Jeff make appointments to see their chiropractors to have their necks checked out, after suffering some severe whiplash last night courtesy of the Phillies and Red Sox, the hits just keep coming in for the woeful Mets.
According to a tweet from Ken Davidoff of Newsday, one of their top off season targets, and not a very good one at that, has given the Mets an ultimatum. Free agent catcher Bengie Molina has informed the Mets that he will not play for them unless they offer him a guaranteed three year deal.
Actually, for Molina, 35, it’s a very smart move. Why not? After all if Jason Kendal and Pudge Rodriguez can land a deuce why shouldn’t he hold out for a trey?
Molina had 20 homers and hit .265 for the San Francisco Giants last season.
Of course for the Mets, it would amount to sheer lunacy and so thus, this will most likely spell the end of all the Molina to the Mets rumors which should make many of us very happy.
The question now is, where do the Mets turn to now?
It’s kind of a scary thought as the Mets are currently operating under panic mode, so hopefully Omar won’t do too much damage, although that may be asking a lot.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Lifelongmetsfan: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: another start like this and it's back...
- Markcomic1: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: fire collins please
- Branden: on Valdespin Won’t Let Criticism Lower His Self Esteem: I am regular reader, how are you...
- metsfaninparadise: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: Lotta conservative people in baseball. Midwesterners...
- metsfaninparadise: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: I don't believe it's anything beyond coincidence...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!