Harden, Polanco, Olivo, Beimel Not Offered Arby; Could Help Mets
The following players were not offered arbitration today and are free to sign with any team. In the case of the Mets, their first round pick was protected anyway, and they lose nothing by signing a Type B free agent.
Of the players that are now coming across the sports news wire, these four players could be useful for the Mets.
Rich Harden – Cubs: I’ve been a fan of Harden ever since he broke into the big leagues. He’s coming off a rough year, but has a career ERA of 3.24 and a 1.24 WHIP.
Placido Polanco – Tigers: He just won a gold glove and in my opinion he could be a better fit than Orlando Hudson if the Mets trade Castillo.
Miguel Olivo – Royals: If the Mets are looking for a one year option until Josh Thole is ready, Olivo could be that guy.
Joe Beimel – Dodgers: The Mets still need a bridge to K-Rod, and Beimel has played that part with great success in the past.
More updates to come in what looks to be a busy Hot Stove Tuesday.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- XtreemIcon: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Valdespin. Case closed.
- Major Mofongo: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: That might be the worst idea I...
- Alan from AZ: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: That is exactly what will happen with...
- Joey D.: on Featured Post: If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: Now get this for a rumor about...
- wasadeyo: on MetsMinors.net Is Here!: Nice!
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!