Cardinals Sign Brad Penny To One Year Deal
The Cardinals and Brad Penny have a letter of agreement, for a $7.5 million base and $1.5 in performances bonuses. Physical likely on Wed.
Penny, who finished strong last season with the Gianst, could be a nice addition for the Cardinals.
The big righthander made 30 starts between the Red Sox and Giants and posted a 4.88 ERA. But after being traded to San Francisco he went 4-1 with a 2.54 ERA and a 0.96 WHIP in six games started.
Like most pitchers, he’ll benefit greatly by being paired with the great Dave Duncan as his new pitching coach.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Vinny B: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: What Jon is saying the he's EVERY...
- Vinny B: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: I don't see how can you credit...
- Jimmy J: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: That's a lot of name-calling about a...
- Connor O'Brien: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: What do you mean is no saber...
- Connor O'Brien: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: The Giants too, although they aren't as...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!