Giving Thanks for the Mets
Yeah, it’s been difficult being a Mets fan these last few seasons. But that doesn’t mean we don’t love our team. Here are a few things I am thankful for as we celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow:
David Wright, Carlos Beltran and Johan Santana: Yes, Wright forgot how to hit home runs, and the other two guys missed a big chunk of 2009, but we still have a nice core of all-stars. Some teams don’t.
The 1986 Season: Watching that run to a championship was one of the greatest periods in my life. I remember going to Game 3 of the NLCS and feeling like the stadium was going to collapse after Lenny Dykstra hit that home run off Dave Smith. I also remember the World Series Game 6 tenth inning…. easily one of the greatest comebacks in sports history, and thankfully we were on the winning end. Imagine what the other side of that must have felt like.
More memories: I was too young to appreciate 1969, but I do remember watching Tom Seaver pitch, and I remember going to see Dwight Gooden pitch at Shea. In fact, I think I went to every home game he pitched in 1984 and 1985, when he would positively blow hitter away and those guys would hang K’s in left field. We also had one of the great catchers in history in Mike Piazza. And how about Darryl Strawberry’s sweet home run stroke?
Opening Day: Every year we start out with hope, and 2010 will be no different. That is, until we get to June and we’re 10 games behind the Phillies, who are going to be strong for a few more years. But there is always the wild card, right?
About the Author: Former Writers
- Coach Mike: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Miscue In Ninth Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: Sucks to get swept at home. Reds...
- Jerry M: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Miscue In Ninth Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: David Wright is in a slump. He...
- Major Mofongo: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Miscue In Ninth Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: Donal: We are still going to be...
- angelo: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Miscue In Ninth Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: ike davis is the 2013 GOAT
- Matt: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Miscue In Ninth Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: This whole organization is a pathetic joke....
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!