Reyes Undergoes Successful Surgery
Finally some good news on the Jose Reyes front. The Mets shortstop underwent surgery Thursday to clean up scar tissue around a torn hamstring tendon behind his right knee.
The surgery was performed by Dr. Daniel Cooper at North Central Surgical Center in Dallas.
The team said in a statement that Reyes will begin rehab in the near future and will resume baseball activities in January.
Reyes played just 36 games this year because of the torn hamstring tendon.
He is expected to be ready for spring training.
As for the torn right hamstring which he injured while rehabbing in late September, surgery will not be required.
Hopefully, Jose will be back as the same player he was before the injuries.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Alex68: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Hodges, while it'll be our 5th in...
- Alex68: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: I think he now realized this aint...
- Hodges14: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Season's over. Only question is who gets...
- LA Met Fan: on Is Ike Davis Really Mike Jacobs Reincarnated?: Definitely more Mike Jacobs than Kingman. As...
- Keith: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Alderson did not look like a leader...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!