Reyes Undergoes Successful Surgery
Finally some good news on the Jose Reyes front. The Mets shortstop underwent surgery Thursday to clean up scar tissue around a torn hamstring tendon behind his right knee.
The surgery was performed by Dr. Daniel Cooper at North Central Surgical Center in Dallas.
The team said in a statement that Reyes will begin rehab in the near future and will resume baseball activities in January.
Reyes played just 36 games this year because of the torn hamstring tendon.
He is expected to be ready for spring training.
As for the torn right hamstring which he injured while rehabbing in late September, surgery will not be required.
Hopefully, Jose will be back as the same player he was before the injuries.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Peter: on Bobby Parnell To Be Re-Examined Next Week: They will bring in a 8th inning...
- El Sid: on Bartolo Colon – An Intriguing Signing: Bottomline is we needed another starter with...
- Mike Lloyd: on Bobby Parnell To Be Re-Examined Next Week: I've become increasingly concerned with Parnell and...
- Al: on Bobby Parnell To Be Re-Examined Next Week: Bring in Jose Valverde and give him...
- TJ: on Bobby Parnell To Be Re-Examined Next Week: Joey D., The skepticism is well merited, but...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!