Mets Bid Sayonara To Ken Takahashi
The Mets have released 40-year-old rookie reliever Ken Takahashi on Tuesday. Hopefully, it’s just the begining of an ambitious house cleaning and a prelude to some much needed change on this roster as we shift the focus to 2010.
Takahashi was 0-1 with a 2.96 ERA in 28 relief appearances. He wasn’t exactly as good as his ERA might indicate as he allowed a great deal of inheritted runners to score which only served to pad another pitcher’s ERA. He also was terribly ineffective against lefty hitters who ripped into him for a .302 batting average and a .387 on-base.
Takahashi also appeared in 18 games for Buffalo (AAA) of the International League, and started seven games finishing with a record of 1-3 with a 2.38 ERA.
The move may have been made to accomodate his wish to return to Japan for the upcoming season.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Reed: on Reds vs Mets: Niese Looks For Another Solid Outing: Would love to see a Duda blast...
- Connor O'Brien: on Byrd Homers, Marcum Still Winless, Mets Fall To Reds 4-3: While I agree that a strict group...
- Connor O'Brien: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: So then explain why the percentages are...
- Le Grand Orange: on Reds vs Mets: Niese Looks For Another Solid Outing: There is a rumor going around that...
- Major Mofongo: on Mets Minors Report 5/21: Montero On Tap, Puello Mashing, Verrett Solid: But supposedly, Sandy inherited a disaster !!! LMAO
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!