Do You Ever Wonder?
Do you ever wonder what guys like Johan Santana think after suffering through two straight non-playoff years? Last year the Mets collapsed in September for the second straight year, and the Twins were a one-game playoff away from reaching the postseason. This year the Twins are battling the Tigers for the AL Central crown while the Mets have been out of the race since July. I know Johan likes the bright lights, but let’s face it, dude came here to win, and he may never win a ring in a Mets uniform.
Do you ever wonder that even if the Mets make the postseason in 2010, it will be the first time they have done so since 2006? Think about that for a minute. All that talent and all that payroll, and the clock just keeps ticking since Carlos Beltran watched that hook from Adam Wainwright go past him.
Do you ever wonder that if Daniel Murphy does not hit a home run in the final 10 games and if David Wright or Gary Sheffield do not hit more than one, we will likely have the lowest high of 11 for a single season? It could happen. No, it really could happen.
Do you ever wonder if for all the crap we’ve had to endure since 2006, that the baseball gods could do us a solid and throw a no-hitter our way? And I mean for us, not against us.
Do you ever wonder when the last time the Mets had a solid #2 starter was? Even the 2006 team had this rotation, give or take for injuries: Tom Glavine, Steve Trachsel, John Maine, El Duque, Ollie P and Pedro Martinez. A decent rotation, but not a true #2 or even #1 at that point in their careers.
Do you ever wonder if Mike Pelfrey would be a much different pitcher in, say, Kansas City?
Do you ever wonder that if the Yankees lose in the first round this year, that many baseball pundits will forget what a horrible season the Mets just had? (hey, we can only hope).
About the Author: Former Writers
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Michelle K.: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: They need to take 2 of 3...
- Scott Rice's Arm: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: Russell has nothing on me. I'll break...
- Ojeda's Perm: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: Valdespin is sitting between Buck and Wright...
- Seth: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: This team doesn't play hard for Collins....
- Al: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: Keith's new word is lazy .definition ...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!