The 2009 Mets: What’s Not To Love?
If you want to talk about underwhelming, just take a look at Bobby Parnell’s debut as a starting pitcher…
Against one of the worst teams in the league, Parnell would only last two and a third innings pitched, and allow two runs on four hits, three walks, and a hit batsman. He struck out just one batter.
Last week when it was revealed that Parnell would join the rotation, I asked,
How can you be a starter, when all you’ve thrown all season was a fastball 90% of the time, and curve ball that isn’t very good the other 10% of the time?
Bobby Parnell himself corroborated my concerns during the post game.
“I overused [the fastball],” Parnell said. “You can’t go out there and try to beat a team with one pitch.”
So who’s next? Brad Holt or Jenrry Mejia? Bobby Ojeda or Ron Darling?
Since the All Star break, the Mets are 9-14 while the Washington Nationals are 13-11, and the Nats are currently one of the hottest teams in baseball and riding a seven-game winning streak.
At that rate, the Mets should be firmly entrenched in last place by September 5th.
Last place… wow…
The Florida Marlins… $37 million dollars.
The Washington Nationals… $60 million dollars.
The Atlanta Braves… $96 million dollars.
Seeing all of them finish ahead of the $145 million dollar Mets… EMBARRASSING!
(In a priceless sort of way!)
I wonder if I can send that in to Master Card….
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- philipag: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: And not as bad as Shawn Abner,...
- Terry-ble Collins: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: Lmfao ~Thats Classic
- Terry-ble Collins: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Yeah I said it I dont answer to...
- Terry-ble Collins: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Who cares, dont watch we dont need...
- Terry-ble Collins: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Pernil huh??? Thats sounds hispanic... Youre in my...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!