Series Preview: Mets (51-56) @ Padres (44-65)
The Mets begin a seven game road trip starting tonight against the San Diego Padres. Although any chance at going to the postseason is probably out of the question, if the team could pull it off – there is not better team to face than the San Diego Padres. The Padres have scored the fewest runs in baseball, and have a team batting average of .235. As long as the offense can hold their own, and Oliver Perez doesn’t allow all his runs on walks – the Mets should find success. History doesn’t support that though, as we all still remember the disaster that happened in last years trip to PETCO Park.
Earlier today, the Mets re-aquired Anderson Hernandez. Although I don’t see him impacting the team in any major way – I would much rather have a young, good defensive player with some potential, rather then a has been like Angel Berreo.
At this point, the Mets chances are looking pretty bleak. I don’t want the players on the field to quit – but management needs to start looking towards the future. Rushing our injured players back – especially the ones who figure into the long term plans – would be a mistake. Jose Reyes should probably be shut down for the year. Players such as Daniel Murphy should be out there everyday showing what they got.
Thursday: Livan Hernandez (7-5, 4.77) @ Clayton Richard (4-3, 4.47)
Friday: Oliver Perez (2-3, 7.03) @ Kevin Correia (7-9, 4.73)
Saturday: TBD @ Mat Latos (3-1, 2.66)
Sunday: Johan Santana (12-8, 3.10) @ Tim Stauffer (1-3, 3.12)
Adrian Gonzalez against Oliver Perez, Johan Santana & Pedro Feliciano 4 for 21, 11 K
David Wright against Kevin Correia 6 for 8, 2 HR
In all likelyhood, the Mets should salvage at least a split of the series. If the bats stay alive, then taking three out of four isn’t too much of a stretch.
Mets take series 3 games to 1
About the Author: Former Writers
- TPT: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: 2009 26 LAA AL 152 622 566 86 173 43 2 34 108 3 7 46 117 .306 .355 .569 .924 139 322 15 2 0 8 10 *3 MVP-5 thats Kendry Morales stats before breaking...
- Hotstreak: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Remember when DW got off to the...
- jason bay: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: That's how I feel. I don't...
- El Sid: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Nobody knows how Ike Davis will turn...
- Jakal: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Ok here's how I remember everything going...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!