Oliver Perez To Have Sore Knee Examined
In his last four starts, Oliver Perez has shown some signs of improvement with a 3.32 ERA in that span.
Last night he faced Derek Lowe who was the Mets first choice to be this season’s big pitching addition to the rotation, but when Lowe signed with Atlanta it left the Mets with little choice but to re-sign Oliver Perez. Perez beat Lowe last night, but it may have been a costly win.
Perez pitched five innings and allowed four runs, but hurt his right knee covering first base in the top of the fourth inning. It was the same knee that landed him on the disabled earlier this season.
“I want to get rest and see how the knee feels,” Perez said. “It was hurting a little bit. I want to see how it feels tomorrow. I want to continue to pitch but I want to take care of my knee.”
The Mets will have Perez undergo an MRI this afternoon.
Perez was expected to start again on Sunday in a matchup against Pedro Martinez and the Phillies, but obviously depending on todays MRI results, that could change.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets Appealing Harvey Earned Run, Want Tejada Charged With Error: ^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!! GOOD FRIGGIN POINT PADILLA, NAIL ON...
- Josh: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: When a GM starts with a "turd"...
- TP: on If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: Ike has now been dreadful for the...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: Unfortunately, You dont win with starting pitching...
- wasadeyo: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Mofongo
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!