NL East Report
Atlanta Braves: (6-4;-7)
The Atlanta Braves lost two of three to the San Diego Padres, and will head to Philadelphia to face the Phillies. The pitching matchup tonight will be rookie Tommy Hanson vs. Pedro Martinez. Also, Tim Hudson will make his return next Monday. The Braves are 4.5 back of the Rockies in the wild card.
Florida Marlins: (4-6; -7)
The Florida Marlins took two of three from the Mets and will face the San Diego Padres. The Marlins are reportedly interested in ex- Red Sox pitcher Brad Penny. The marlins also trail the Rockies by 4.5 games.
Philadelphia Phillies: (7-3; Leader)
The Philadelphia Phillies lost two of three to their in-state rivals, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and will open a weekend series with the Atlanta Braves. The Phillies are 1.5 games back of the Dodgers for best record in the NL.
Washington Nationals: (3-7; -28.5)
The Washington Nationals took two of three from the Chicago Cubs and will head to St. Louis. Livan Hernandez made his National return on Wednesday, and had a decent game before the bullpen blew it. The biggest story from the series is that CF and leadoff hitter Nyjer Morgan broke his hand stealing third and will be out for the year, and with him goes any chance of the playoffs. Seriously though, Morgan changed the team when he arrived from Pittsburgh, and looks to be a sure part of their lineup next year. Morgan’s injury also gives the Nationals help in the Bryce Harper sweepstakes, as their “lead” had slipped to a mere 3.5 games over the Royals. The Mets are 12 “back” of the Nationals, and 6 back of the 3rd overall pick.
Luis Castillo leads the NL in fewest swings at pitches outside the strike zone with 11.7% swung at.
Nick Johnson is 2nd with 14.1%, Larry Jones is 3rd with 15.5%, Adam Dunn is 7th with 18.6%, Dan Uggla is 9th with 18.9%, and Chase Utley rounds out the top 10 with a 19.1% rate.
Till Next Time
About the Author: Former Writers
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Dave In Spain: on With Ike Davis Struggling, What Are The Mets’ Options?: In the short term, the Mets could...
- Alan from AZ: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Nope....not gonna happen Timothy! If Valdespin is going...
- gorgeguy: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: Angelo!! Long time no chat. Just too...
- Dave In Spain: on With Ike Davis Struggling, What Are The Mets’ Options?: Two comments: 1. The link with Andrew Brown´s...
- Hotstreak: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Jessep grerat expectations NOT fullfilled, white, black...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!