Francoeur To Get An MRI
Jeff Francoeur is getting an MRI on his left thumb this morning, after injuring it while making a diving catch the half-inning before he hit into the unassisted triple play Sunday. The thumb swelled Sunday night.
Francoeur will be out of the lineup for Monday’s game and let’s hope that’s all he will miss.
Francoeur is hitting .305 with 6 homeruns and 24 RBIs with the Mets, leading all active players.
He will be another valuable loss if he ends up on the DL. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.
On a positive note, David Wright is taking grounders before Monday’s series finale against the Phillies as he continues to make progress after suffering a concussion.
Also, lefthander Pat Misch has been optioned to Buffalo after his lengthy outing Sunday, and fellow lefthander Ken Takahashi will join the Mets from Triple-A Buffalo.
About the Author: Former Writers
- dogwelder: on Things Spiralling Out Of Control For Ike Davis Offensively And Defensively: I have been a met fan all...
- TJ: on Can The Mets Turn This Sinking Ship Around Before It’s Too Late: It's already to late.
- Al: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: At this point I just hope they...
- Matt Mosher: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: I have to admit, listening to Sandy...
- Russell Zanca: on Reds vs Mets: Niese On The Mound, Murphy Leading Off, Duda Batting Cleanup: I know T.C. probably isn't the major...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!