David Wright Drilled By Pitch To Head; Leaves Game
David Wright was drilled in the head by a 2-0 pitch thrown by Matt Cain in the bottom of the fourth inning during today’s game.
Wright walked off the field under his own power, and Fernando Tatis replaced him as a pinch runner.
An absolutely scary sight to say the least as Wright lied motionless on the ground for 2-3 minutes. It was a good sign that he walked off the field under his own power.
The 0-2 pitch smacked Wright in the helmet, knocking it off his head. Wright crumpled to the dirt face-first and did not move for about two minutes as trainers tended to him. Eventually, he turned over to sit up, and he walked off the field with the help of the training staff.
More to come…
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Mike Lloyd: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: Yes Fonzie, a long time ago, it...
- Mike Lloyd: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: As far as commenting on "The Plan"...
- 86mets: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: What IS this "PLAN"? And why...
- Sims: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: Agree with Randall. It all comes down...
- Hitman: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: Can anyone ask Wright for once to...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!