Amazin’ Pics Of The Amazin’ Mets
We have a special treat for you, courtesy of one of our readers, Stephen Hanks, who took the following shots in 1970, 39 years ago today. It was Camera Day at Shea Stadium. As we honor the 1969 Mets later this evening, here is a look at the then, defending 1969 World Champion Mets!
“The Franchise” Tom Seaver
The Skipper – Gil Hodges
Jerry Koosman was so underrated!
This Bud’s for you!
Jerry Grote was a class act all the way!
Ray Sadecki and baby faced Gary Gentry
Tommy Agee hit .286 and won a Gold Glove in ’70!
Eddie Kranepool and Ron Swoboda – Look at those sideburns!
Rookie Ken Singleton and Wayne Garrett, with Nolan Ryan in the background!
Look at those arms on 1969 World Series MVP, Donn Clendenon.
You can see these wonderful pictures in their full size by visiting Stephen on his Facebook page. Thanks for sharing Stephen!
About the Author: Stephen Hanks
Stephen Hanks (Tom Terrific) is a magazine editor and writer based in Brooklyn, NY, who has been the publisher and editorial director of publications ranging in subjects from sports to health to archaeology. Hanks began his career at the late, great SPORT Magazine in 1977 and in 1983, he co-founded NEW YORK SPORTS Magazine (which ceased publication in 1985). He has written and edited coffee table books on baseball history, penned unauthorized biographies of Bo Jackson and Wayne Gretzky, and in 1990 authored "The Game That Changed Pro Football," an oral history of the 1969 New York Jets Super Bowl Season. Stephen has also played baseball for 45 years and currently plays in an Over-40 hardball league based in Northern New Jersey. Even though he grew up near Yankee Stadium, he loathes the team from the Bronx and has been a die-hard Mets fan since attending his first game at the Polo Grounds in 1963.
- Satish Ram: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Hey Neil, You'd be surprised how many players...
- Neil S.: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: I hope the players and their families...
- alfred: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Though looking on the bright side Ike...
- Markcomic1: on Choo Could Be Impact Outfielder For Mets In 2014, But Would Cost A Pick: Choo is a nice player but, Citifield...
- alfred: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Following team sing 67. Most unwatchable...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!